Become a Member of the Santa Clara Watercolor Society ... or renew your membership here!
Join now (for new members)
Renew now (for renewing members; log in before renewing)
SCVWS welcomes all those interested in the art of watermedia, whether viewer or painter, novice to professional. Members of SCVWS receive our monthly newsletter containing full details of our upcoming activities, including workshops, demonstrations, painting sites, opportunities to exhibit, special events and much, much more! Members can participate in our online art gallery, get involved in our art community, and learn more about the exciting possibilities of watermedia.
Annual membership contribution of $30 covers one full year. For example, if you signup in March 2013 your membership will expire at the end of March in 2014.
The monthly newsletter is available either as a full-color electronic ".pdf" file or a black-and-white printed newsletter sent by U.S. mail.
Download an example of our full-color E-Newsletter.
Got questions about being an SCVWS member? Contact .
- Monthly newsletter describing that month's painting sites and upcoming workshops, exhibits, classes, and social functions. We also include member news, and what's going on in the local art community. The newsletter is available in electronic form, or print copy at member choice.
- SCVWS website provides up-to-date event information, artist resources and a member gallery.
- Your own gallery page on the SCVWS site or a link to your own website. You can show two of your best watermedia pieces along with your artist statement and contact information. Upon creating or renewing your membership, you may contact the SCVWS webmaster to begin setting up your own page. Already have your own website? Email with your URL and we'll link your name on the gallery page to your own site.
- SCVWS-sponsored Workshops, by nationally known watercolor artists (usually 3 or 4 per year), offered at very reasonable rates. Also, several weekend workshops by teaching members is offered each year.
- SCVWS Exhibits are organized several times a year in a variety of venues, with an Annual Member Show at the Rose Shenson Gallery on the grounds of the Triton Museum. All members are encouraged to participate in these exhibits.
- SCVWS Paint Sites, scheduled year-round except for major holidays, all members are invited to paint en plein air in small, friendly groups.
- SCVWS Holiday Party, for members and their guests to socialize.
There are no monthly member meetings, however, everyone is welcome to attend monthly board meetings. See the newsletter or the calendar section of this website for more information about the location. An Annual Meeting in November, open to all members, handles the necessary business of the organization. For more information about membership, please email .